Thursday, November 17, 2011

Lea's Travel Log

It’s really encouraging to see the youth of Arkansas stepping up to make a difference in the lives of youth. I’m always excited when I get to leave my office to travel to YAC meetings. As if driving wasn’t fun enough, it’s even more exciting when you set out with a purpose and motivation!

Last Thursday, Catherine and I were invited to attend the Carroll County YAC meeting during the Carroll County Donor Reception (along with staying in a creepy hotel in downtown Eureka- my kind of fun!). First of all, the YAC meeting really opened our eyes to the kind of students that YAC attracts: (a) fantastic people; (b) committed and involved young adults. Two fist-pumps for you Carroll County YACers! You guys are inspiring with your time-management and never-ending energy. Second of all, the reception was a blast. We got to hang out with some really cool adults from Berryville and Eureka Springs, who all had a spot in their heart for Philanthropy.

Catherine and I just recently visited Columbia County, where we listened to YACers in Magnolia talk about some of the issues their youth face. After a long “round-table” discussion, it was obvious everyone was tuckered out from the heavy topics and seemingly impossible solutions. For all of you reading, and for those we’ve already told, even a small step can make a difference. It may not 100% cure your community of its ailment, but it definitely can make a difference.


Can’t wait to see where I’ll be going next! You never know... I may have a prize up my sleeve for the next YAC I visit.... YAC@arcf.org – I’ll always accept invites! 

Until then.... 
Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment